Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What summer?

I can't believe that it's been three months since I've blogged. You would think that I would have lots to talk about. Maybe I do...

In May, we went to Rehoboth Beach for Memorial Day. Overall, it was a good trip. However, Evan was cutting eye teeth and Andrew and I ended up in the ER for strep and pink eye. We managed to get some beach time each day. Beach trips are always enjoyable, all of us enjoy being there. Maybe one day we can own a place at the beach...or even live there...could you imagine?

I spent June teaching, busy days...busy nights. Andrew finished up his first year of school. He did really well and enjoyed it. I am so proud of him. It will be hard to let him go all day in the fall, but I know that he will do well.

My grandmother died on June 28th. I am happy for her. She has gone home and is singing and dancing with the Lord. Jeff did her funeral. He did an amazing job! The service truly honored her in the best possible way. The house sold at the end of July. Mom and Judy have been working hard to get it cleaned out. I went over last weekend to get a few things. It was harder than I had imagined. To see her stuff lying there for anyone to take...in yard sale fashion...was very hard. It's the end of an era.

Aunt Delila passed away the week after Grandmother, on July 4th. So much death this year. Makes you realize how short our lives really are. Makes me want to leave a better legacy for my boys. I want to be a Mom that they are proud of. I want them to remember me as a woman of Faith.

Camp went well. For some reason, it was different this year. Not sure why? It just wasn't the same. It went well...it just didn't feel the same.

Lisa, Maggie and I took the kids to the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh last week. Andrew loved it! We will definitely return...definitely!

No comments: