It's Derby Day! I love the Kentucky Derby! It reminds me of good times, good friends, and a great place. Usually, we spend Derby Day home watching all of the festivities on television. But, today we have a birthday party in the early afternoon, then soccer practice in the late afternoon. Luckily, Brian is taking Andrew to practice, so I can watch the Derby race. I was hoping for rain, so practice would be canceled. But, even though the weather report is calling for rain, the sun is shining and the skies are blue!
Evan did the cutest thing yesterday. He was looking at a picture of himself on the computer screen. He was looking at it, just grinning. He then pointed at the screen, then pointed at himself. It's so neat when you realize that they recognize themselves. It was a sweet moment. Now that he is 16 months, going on 3 years old, those sweet moments don't come often enough. For example, he managed to open the fridge, climb up the shelves and pull down an entire container of red cool-aid. That's just one of many, many frustrating moments with Evan. He's so darn cute, but so determined!
It's time to get ready for the party...so I will close with a few pics.

No comments:
Post a Comment