Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009

Well, we got thru the holidays. Isn't it amazing how quickly they fly by? I think I spent the whole month of December busy, but spaced it out enough that I never felt stressed.



The boys had a wonderful Christmas. We did our usual Christmas Eve traditions. We baked cookies for santa, set him a plate of cookies and carrots. We tossed the reindeer food in the yard. We took baths and got into our warm matching PJ's and read 'The Night Before Christmas'. It was a nice evening. Andrew woke up at 2am Christmas morning. I was asleep on the couch, guarding the presents. He whispered, "Santa was here, Mommy." I told him to go back to bed for a bit and he actually listened. He finally woke back up at 5 am and Evan woke up at 5:30. Evan never gets up that early, but he must have heard the excitement. We let them open gifts, it was nice. I think Andrew was pleased with everything he got. I headed back to bed for a little bit, I was exhausted. We then headed to Brian's Mom's house for the traditional dinner. I cooked this year, with help from Uncle Paul. Christmas night was nice a quiet.


The day after, I headed to WV. My best friend's mother passed away and her funeral was on Saturday. I also attended the viewing on Friday. It was such a sad time, but she is cancer free in heavan and I am happy for her.

We had a DeWitt get-together on Saturday night. It was nice, I wish more attended. The Mooneys and Mark's family were there, but not many from in town.

My side of the family got together on Sunday. It was a nice time, the kids played well together. I started feeling sick, so went to bed early. I didn't really feel better for a few days, but that didn't stop me from doing some after-Christmas shopping. I did all of that shopping with Maggie. Joel was sick, so JoMarie wasn't able to shop...which was a bummer!

New Year's Eve was spent at Mom's house with Jeff's family and Mom and Dad. We just played games and ate yummy food. I made the usual New Year's Day meal for the family.

It was nice to spend time with family and friends. Even though both boys got sick on me and I had to attend the funeral of a dear friend, I still got to spend time with family and Aly and Denise and Mary, It was a nice holiday. Now, back to reality.

No comments: