Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it snow!

Well, we got our first major snow last night. It's absolutely beautiful. Looking out at the trees dressed with snow really gets you in the mood for Christmas.
Evan had a good first birthday. We had cake here at the house with Uncle Paul and Grandma. He enjoyed his gifts and cake. It was a quiet birthday, but very nice.
I'm busy getting everything ready for Christmas. I just can't seem to get ahead. I wonder if other people have this problem? I finally got my cards out. Now, I need to clean the house and then start wrapping presents. It seems like I clean the same things every day. I heard a quote that hit home: "Cleaning the house while your children are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing." So true. So very true.

One more final tonight and then the semester will be done. I'm looking forward to some time off. This is a wonderful time of year for me...family, food, traditions and bowl games. What is better than that?

No comments: