Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Catch up

Well, it's been over a month since my last post. I had promised to keep up with this better. However, life takes over. Between planning my sister's surprise party, starting a new semester, joining the PTO, and making one last trip to the beach for the season, I have been busy. I just can't seem to get caught up on everything.

Let me get you caught up on our lives. Football season has started and we couldn't be happier. It's been a good season for the Dolphins, not so good for WVU and Louisville. We love it anyway, in spite of the disappointments.
Andrew is doing amazingly well at school. He likes the days off, but don't we all? We got his scores back from a reading literacy test. The goal for a fall kindergarten student is an 8 and the goal for the spring kindergarten student is a 40...well, it's no surprise that Andrew scored a 46. I'm so proud. Mostly because of all that he's had to overcome to get here. He will have such a testimony one day. I was grading papers the other night and he asked me to give him a test. He wanted 'plus' problems. So I gave him the basic 2+2, 4+4, etc...he wanted harder ones...like 100 + 10. I had a tear in my eye...a child after my own heart...he loves math...and I love it! He and Brian visited Thomas at Strasburg and went to a few train museums. He still loves trains! Evan is doing also doing very well. He's almost 10 months old and is moving around well. He uses the walker to walk up and down the hallway...sometimes using the walker backwards. But, whatever he can use to get him there faster is good. He weighed 26.4 lbs and 29 inches long at his 9 1/2 month check. His weight gain is slowing down, but that's not surprising since he is moving all the time. He has even mastered the stairs. He has no fear and loves to be moving. He and Andrew are so much alike that it's scary. JoMarie's party went very well. I put every ounce of my creative juices into that party. But, she was more than worth it. I was so happy to do that for my favorite sister. It was awesome that Kristi, Jess, and Michelle could make it. That made the weekend even more special. I know she loved it and that makes me happy. I think Duane and I talked more than we ever had. I'm having a little withdraw from him now that the party is over....lol. We took our annual trip to the beach in late September. Our friends, Joyce, Lee and Jessica, joined us. At first we were worried about the weather, but it turned out to be a perfect weekend. The kids got to play a good bit in the sand and they also played in an indoor pool. Joyce and I enjoyed the wine festival and the hot tub! Evan loved the water and sand. He was fearless. I have a video of him in the waves. He wasn't scared at all and loved it!

Classes are good...I love my schedule. I pray I get the same one in the spring. It works out best for our family.

The boys are ready for lunch, so I need to sign off for now...I'll post more later...I PROMISE!

No comments: